Phi Beta Delta
Epsilon Upsilon Chapter
Phi Beta Delta is the first honor society dedicated to promoting international understanding and to recognizing individuals who have demonstrated scholarly achievement in international education and exchange. The society was established as a national organization in 1987 and has grown to become an international society with over 135 chapters. Its membership includes distinguished faculty and staff, international students and scholars, and U.S. students. Members display a strong and active international interest and commitment, as well as a desire to promote international and cross-cultural understanding.
The Oklahoma State University Epsilon Upsilon Chapter was chartered in December 2003. Its mission is to serve as a means of encouraging interdisciplinary international programming and promote the exchange of ideas and information among a network of faculty, staff, and students involved in international endeavors.
The society uses Greek to express its core values:
- Phi (philomatheia) - love of knowledge
- Beta (biotremmonia) - valuing of human life
- Delta (diapheren) - achieving excellence
Phi Beta Delta’s colors are red and gold.
- Red symbolizes the strength and diversity of humankind.
- Gold is a symbol for the sun from which all people and cultures draw strength and life